If you are excited at the idea of contributing to a product that truly changes a massive archaic industry, being a part of an exploding business and world-class team, and also helping your favorite TV show, movie, or YouTube channel get its next episode created, Giggster is the perfect place for you.
About the project
Giggster is an online platform for people to list, discover, and book locations for creative projects and events.
Chances are you’ve seen Giggster locations in the shows you watch, brands you buy, and influencers you follow. Some of the biggest content producers in the world use us for their locations, such as Netflix, HBO, and Disney – as well as top brands like Apple and Louis Vuitton. And the next generation of creators on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok is finding perfect spots on Giggster for their content as well.
Giggster’s goal is to be the technology disruptor that modernizes Hollywood, empowering millions of creators – no matter where they are – to focus on content rather than the logistics of finding a location and the additional services that go with it, like permitting, etc.
Founded in 2017, we’re a team of 70+ distributed across the US, Europe, and Asia.
Python (Django), Golang, Kubernetes (AWS MSK), and various AWS services (S3, RDS, etc.) managed by Terraform, Postgresql, Clickhouse, Kafka, and Protobuf/GRPC.
- deliver a measurable impact on company success
- contribute and drive daily experiments
- regular use of modern technologies
- integration with third-party and partner services
- development/optimization of new features
Expertise you need
- excellent knowledge of any general-purpose programming language (although you’ll be working with Golang & Python)
- knowledge of best practices related to infrastructure management
- excellent understanding and experience with any RDMS (Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL, etc)
- general understanding of the data structures, core algorithms, complexity estimation
- general understanding of the principles of Unix-like systems and networking
Nice to have
- already know Golang and have experience with it
- knowledge of JS / ECMAScript 8+ and frontend
- have experience with Elasticsearch
- basic knowledge of MLOps and Data engineering
- familiar with the typical workflow of A/B testing and data analytics
- clickhouse or/and any other DWH
- Kafka and streaming applications
- basic proficiency with AWS and Kubernetes
- English B2 or better (English is the primary language in the team)
- self-driven and proactive mindset
- motivated by business growth, impact, and measurement
- deliver fast deployments, MVPs, and continuous learnings
Cozy office or home environment
- MacBook Pro and any extra peripheral devices;
- Daily use of modern technologies;
- Free lunch at the office;
- Flexible working hours;
- Ability to work remotely and hybrid;
- Paid travel expenses.
Professional development and advancement
- Regular 1 on 1 feedback on development and performance;
- Unlimited budget for education (books, online courses);
- Visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide;
- Performance-based bonuses;
- Technical and career mentorship and guidance.
- Experienced and enthusiastic multinational team;
- Knowledge-sharing culture;
- Each employee is responsible for their part of the job so we appreciate the ability to self-organize and prioritize tasks;
- Team budget for entertainment;
- Referral program – if you want to work even more comfortably, being surrounded by some of your friends, we’ll pay for that up to 1500$ (depending on the candidate level).
- Health insurance;
- Annual leave of 25 working days;
- Paid leave for all important events in your private life;
- Financial incentives for the wedding or birth of a child;
- Christmas bonus.
- 30-minute intro with HR.
That’s small talk about the company, products, team, position, technology stack, etc.
- 1-hour technical interview with the Engineering Director.
- 1-hour call with the company CEO & CTO
In this interview, we will dive deeper into your experience and technical knowledge and have more time to discuss all questions relevant to you.