Looking for opportunities for selfrealization, want to influence the final product, and work with modern technologies? Then join our team and contribute to the development of the well-known Californian company, which distributes music to digital platforms worldwide.
You will become a part of a progressive and productive environment where everyone’s opinion is valued.
About the project
It is a global music distribution service for digital platforms aka a virtual label that allows artists to upload their music to international streaming services such as AppleMusic, Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, Shazam, and others. It provides a convenient mechanism for downloading audio, viewing the status and history of delivery to various services, receiving analytics, and much more. The catalog contains over 200,000 songs and 10,000 musicians.
The team consists of 3 Ruby developers, QA Engineer, Team Lead, and Technical Project Manager.
- taking responsibility for developing a new part of the website, which will show the analytics with filters and graphics (using Rails 7 and Elasticsearch for the backend and Vue.js or React.js for the frontend part);
- supporting of service for importing media files to our system using FTP (Ruby 2.5+);
- adding and supporting API endpoints (Ruby 2.6+ and Grape framework);
- supporting scripts for transporting data to popular music services such as Spotify, Apple and 30+ others;
- optimization of scripts for import of analytical data received from music services;
- participating in updating some parts of the site to the latest version of Ruby.
Expertise you need
- 2+ years of commercial experience in web development using Ruby and Ruby on Rails;
- knowledge and experience with Rails 7;
- experience with any relational databases (MySQL);
- solid knowledge and practical experience with Git;
- analytical thinking, ability to assess the tasks and propose ways of their solution;
- English level: Upper-Intermediate or higher.
Nice to have
- knowledge of unix-systems (terminal, work with services and processes, cron);
- practical experience with AWS services (S3, SQS);
- API development experience, usage of Grape;
- experience in working with Elasticsearch.
Cozy office or home environment
- MacBook Pro and any extra peripheral devices;
- daily use of modern technologies;
- free lunch at the office;
- flexible working hours;
- ability to work remotely and hybrid;
- paid travel expenses.
Professional development and advancement
- regular 1 on 1 feedback on development and performance;
- unlimited budget for education (books, online courses);
- visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide;
- performance based bonuses;
- technical and career mentorship and guidance.
- experienced and enthusiastic multinational team;
- knowledge sharing culture;
- each employee is responsible for their part of the job so we appreciate the ability to self-organize and prioritize tasks;
- team budget for entertainment;
- referral program – if you want to work even more comfortably, being surrounded by some of your friends, we’ll pay for that up to 1500$ (depending on the candidate level).
- health insurance;
- annual leave of 25 working days;
- paid leave for all important events in your private life;
- financial incentives for the wedding or birth of a child;
- Christmas bonus.
- 30 minutes intro with HR.
That’s a small talk about the company, products, team, position, technology stack, etc.
- 1-hour interview with Technical Project Manager and Ruby Team Lead.
In this interview, we will dive deeper into your experience and technical knowledge and have more time to discuss all questions relevant to you.